- Why and how it is absolutely necessary to change [wake up call-2]
- ∙Considerations on the need to innovate the strategies of the Dissidents (towards the recovery of “by the people” strategies)
- ∙I.c.1 – Towards a Democracy Reboot (synopsis)
- The need to start from a dimension of an effective democratic “power by the people”
- “Extinction of Democracy”: the extinction of modern Democracy and the rebirth of real Democracy
- Why is Democracy vanishing?
- How to set up Democracy reboot
- ∙re-thinking – The elections are now irrelevant: it is necessary to act on the foundations of the institutions
- Reform of specific sectors of Democracy
In the previous article, it was highlighted how the crisis in the West is caused by the non-compliance of governmental institutions with the principles of democracy. <see>
And how to perform an effective Democracy reboot it is necessary to start from the foundations of Democracy (trying to solve specific problems strengthens the power of Liberals). And above all it is necessary to realize that even the Conservatives have unconsciously adopted the criteria of Left Ideology.
Today we forget that Democracy has always been founded “by the People”: it has never been someone’s concession. The restoration of Democracy must also be done “by the People”.
This article illustrates how a reform of Democracy can be developed with a bottom-up action “by the People” developed through an ad hoc Social Network platform, which allows citizens of
● to govern locally (which is the main area in which a real Democracy develops), “in parallel” with respect to institutional government.
● to effectively counter Left policies by expressing – with “simplified” polls we get a “de facto will of Citizen” which central political institutions cannot ignore (this is a method that allows Conservatives to govern effectively even when they are in the minority!).
As seen in the previous Articles,
THE CHANGE IS NECESSARY AND URGENT,
as the transformation wrought by the Liberals is reaching the point of no return to social-democratic totalitarianism
For this reason
TODAY IS NECESSARY REFORMING DEMOCRACY
STARTING FROM THE ROOTS:
first of all restoring the original foundations of Democracy
It has also been seen that, for the same reason,
trying to reform Democracy by acting on specific aspects only reinforces the power of the Liberals
(they have in their hands “Culture” – that is, the School and the Media – for which they are able to provide Citizens – the Electors – false but “credible” interpretations of any event).
In practice, as illustrated below, it is a question of restoring the conditions of Citizens’ Rights-Powers; and therefore
to develop a truly democratic government structure
that can allow Citizens to directly express their will in order to
● carry out local works and services (and to define the rules).
The local context is in fact the area on which Democracy has always been based, in which citizens can practice their deliberative power with full knowledge of the facts, since in this area they know what is best to do for the good of the community.
But this structure of expression of the will of the Citizens can also allow
● the expression of the opinion of the Citizens regarding the actions of the Politicians (for example with respect to the work, at national level, of people like Chuck Schumer, which should be regulated by a sort of Citizens’ Court).
In the final analysis, to restore Democracy it is necessary first of all to take a step back, to immediately take two steps forward.
∙The mistake of trying to contrast the specific political actions of the left
A (fatal) mistake made by those who intend to restore Democracy in the aspects revolutionized by years of Socialist Politics, is to think that they can correct specific problems (basically them are those aspects of Government manipulated by the Left, such as the Impeachment, the FBI, the Elections, the Supreme Court, the CDC, etc …) instead of intervening by restoring Democracy to its foundations.
The mistake is to think that we can act on the same level as the Left by applying an equal and opposite force to its actions.
The fact is that this frontal confrontation not only does not bring advantages, but it allows the Left to win the confrontation: the Left feeds precisely on this force that is opposed to it, thanks to how it has set the system of rules of Politics, and to the almost possession exclusive of the Media (and Social Networks) which them are now able to interpret any fact – even the most negative for the Left – to their advantage.
Some examples of actions to contrast leftist policies that are useless
Let’s see, with some examples, why the problems cannot be solved in the specific area, but they can only be solved by acting at the base of the system (restoring truly democratic structures).
● try to get documents delivered by the FBI; the FBI is an unreformable institution: that is, it is a centralized institution, over which citizens have no control. In other words, it is therefore an institution which in itself has powers not foreseen by the constitutions, and which therefore cannot be forced to act democratically (to respond positively to Parliament’s legitimate requests).
● try to contrast the attempts of “political impeachment”: the problem here consists in the level in which the conflict takes place, an “absolute” level of power, like that of the monarchies (in Democracy Sovereignty is always exercised by the People, at least with a participation in the processes).
● stop, with new laws, illegal immigration: it is the People who must decide whether to let other people enter “its property” (the people are Sovereign, like the King in the monarchies, and therefore they own the territory – in fact the American families for generations have transformed uninhabited land, or bought it from other countries, with the payment of taxes). <see “The misunderstanding on the meaning of the Common Good”>
● reform the school with a top-down action; it is an action that is in itself contradictory: in this way we want to correct the problem of a “State Culture” by replacing it with another Culture decided top-down.
(Here the problem of the ideologization of the Conservatives emerges; that is, of that mental dimension in which they think they can act on their own for the good of others.)
● stop riot violence with actions top-down: the fact is that Citizens have chosen the Governments of the places where riots develop, and intervening from above (as well as acting unconstitutionally) prevents Citizens from taking awareness of their mistake <see Article “Why does Trump continue to make fatal mistakes (for his presidency, and for the good of the citizens)?”>
More generally, we can say that if you really want to recover Democracy demolished by almost a century of leftist politics,
it is not a question of “drain the swamp”,
but of rebuilding the entire building elsewhere
(“in a healthier place”),
This means rebuilding the structure of Democracies where it was born, in a decentralized manner on the territory (a “centralized” Democracy will always be transformed into a swamp “).
What needs to be done is therefore a reboot that brings every form of government back to its original dimension of Democracy (with the added benefits that today, compared to the conditions of the past, are offered by interactive information technologies).
So what to do
The preconditions for an action to restore Democracy
In order to re-establish a real Democracy (based on the original Principles) it is necessary first of all to carry out a mental reboot: even the minds of the Conservatives today is afflicted by filters of ideology that no longer allows them to reason in harmony with the Principles of Democracy (i.e. to understand how things should really work in the Democratic government system).
In other words, first of all it is necessary to regain awareness of what (and why) it’s happening; and therefore to begin to plan a path of reboot of Democracy that takes into account current needs.
A. understand what and why things are happening
1 ► at a more general level it is necessary to understand what the problem is (where it is leading us) the process of gradual but radical transformation of the Democracy that the Left has been implementing for almost a century – since Woodrow Wilson),
In summary, in the process of dismantling Democracy with continuous modifications of the Institutions by the Democrats, the Institutions (Parliament, Committees, FBI, etc …) have lost any possibility of being used for democratic purposes (for the good of the People). And the Republicans themselves have fallen into the trap of reasoning in terms of “national politics”, and are no longer able to conceive a recovery of real Democracy.
<see Article “The need to start a contrast phase of the Left strategies”>
2 ► the basic rules of Democracy: it is necessary to recover knowledge of the foundations of Democracy (whose memory seems to have been lost). That is to clarify the ideas on what government really means “by the People, for the People”: and more specifically what participation, representation, Law, etc. mean.
In summary, these are some basic rules without observing which Democracy cannot work:
● there can be no forms of Government that are not directly participate: there must be at least direct contact between the Elector and the Representative; and a possibility of revocation of the Mandate <see “how it is possible to define (re-define) a real Representation: direct parliamentary representation”>
● there are no decided and managed top-down public services: public services in Democracy derive from a series of factors such as
– in the first place citizens are able to solve for themselves most of the problems for which today they have to rely on others.
– services are largely based on voluntary activities.
● public services (and public works) always and in any case arise from a specific request from citizens – from future users (who have specific needs to satisfy specific)
● any form of “administration” is managed by Citizens: there are no expenses whose beneficiaries are not Citizens.
A corollary; in a real Demcoracy there are no taxes in the current sense: money collections are always “collections” collected on specific projects.
3 ► THE ISSUES OF THE VARIOUS SECTORS OF DEMOCRACY: at a more specific level, it is therefore necessary to understand what the problems are in the various sectors of the Society.
That is, it is necessary to analyze one by one the “sectors of society in Democracy” that need to be restored, and to understand how they should be restored. Remembering that any aspect of Democracy in order to function optimally must follow the rules outlined above. That is, the reform must in any case be based on the recovery of the foundations of the form of spontaneous well-being originating in Democracy: people’s ability to look after themselves (i.e. citizens’ skills in matters of managing social vision in the area), volunteering, a sense of belonging to the Community, etc.
In this way, the original practices relating to ● Institutional government ● Justice ● School ● Emergency services ● Health care ● Infrastructure / Public works, etc. … must be restored [topics are treated in the next Article: “Reform of specific sectors of Democracy “]
Naturally, thanks to the new Communication Technologies, it is possible to create, on the model indicated above, an evolution of the organization system of the human Community: a Welfare 2.0.
B. begin to plan a path to reboot Democracy that takes into account current needs
Once the ideas on the essence of the current problem have been clarified, it is possible to understand how the Fundamental Principles (illustrated in the next chapter) are applied to develop a practical path for the recovery of Democracy: ● the active participation of Citizens in government and ● the development of government primarily at the local level,
Further on (and more in depth in other documents) we see how it is possible to create bottom-up government tools (such as Open Government Platform) that allow Citizens to develop an effective Democratic reform that sees Citizens as main actors [chap. “Open Government Platform – Bottom-up Reform Initiative”]
With these tools it is possible not only
► recover a form of governance that brings back a good quality of life in the Society (and that convinces “the voters” of the goodness of a truly democratic approach).
But it is also possible
► to respond to the requests for “socialist inspiration” of most citizens, for better forms of “public services“.
In this way it is in fact possible to create a Welfare 2.0, which is nothing more than a return to the origin when the welfare of the Society was the result of a form of “communitarianism” (the opposite of “communism”) and free initiative which allowed the social community to organize itself so as not to leave “the last” behind (thanks also to the voluntary associations which still today, in social Democracy, are the only ones who are able to take care of these individuals).
With a recovery of the functioning of the original Democracy system, it is possible to create a welfare system with far better results than the current one (and with negligible costs).
A further advantage of this path
► is the possibility of contrasting Left politics (the gradual dismantling of the democratic system) thanks to the fact that as we see below
with the system of bottom-up government active – as it is indicated in the Open Government Platform – it is possible for Citizens to acquire a “de facto power” capable of weakening the institutional power of the Left.
[see chap. Below) “The effectiveness of a people’s government” in parallel “”]
∙The meta-principles to be restored in the first place
∙The meta-principles of Democracy
To start restoring Democracy, we must first restore the foundation of Democracy.
<see the chapter “How Democracy works”in the previous article>
Democracy is a system of “administration” of the social community developed directly by the “People”.
Today we forget that Democracies have always been founded “by the People”.
That is, real Democracy have never been someone’s concession. The restoration of Democracy must also be done “by the people”.
So the claim to settle a fairy tale system from above is vitiated by an underlying contradiction that does not help to obtain an effective result.
A reform of government must only be developed by Citizens because democratic government is by definition “taylor made”: specific mechanisms of government must be defined according to local customs and traditions.
But also because the definition of the optimal governance mechanisms is an ongoing process, in which Citizens must regulate the system.
So it is upstream of everything, to re-establish the Principles of Democracy (and provide basic tools for the application of these principles)
the path of restoration of democracy takes place spontaneously by the people,
If someone does not “believe” in this possibility, then it does not “believe” in the possibility of a truly democratic functioning.
These original principles, or the meta-conditions without which it is not possible to have a true democracy, are:
1. power to deliberate is in the hands of the Citizen.
2. “People’s” local government is superior to any other form of government.
3. freedom of initiative
● (1) DIRECT PARTICIPATION of Citizens in government.
In Democracy, in fact, decision-making power can only be in the hands of citizens (as the Constitutions say).
– Democracy works on its own with the participation of citizens in the government, since only they are able to understand what really serves them.
– in the event that Citizens delegate to others even only part of their decision-making power, a gradual derivation of the government towards authoritarianism (Socialism) is obtained.
A representation that follows the Principles of the Constitutions must be based on a delegation, which must be directly monitored, and revocable. Which does not happen in modern democracies.
∙● (2) LOCALISM: real Democracy has always worked only locally
(originally in Athens, in small US towns, in the Swiss cantons).
A government directly participated by Citizens can in fact exist only at a local level, where Citizens can use their decision-making power with knowledge of the facts (they know the reason for a choice). This is due to the fact that only the need holders are able to organize, and efficiently maintain the solutions to satisfy their needs <see “Innovation is intrinsically (historically) bottom-up”>
In a real Democracy, in fact (1) government concerns only the satisfaction of citizens’ needs, and (2) these needs are almost exclusively at the local level <see The real needs of Citizens only concern the territorial environment in which they live>
The issues to be decided in a supra-local dimension are actually very few, and these decisions can be managed, in a Federalism 2.0 version, with a governance by delegation: a supra-local management of issues in an inter-local governance. <see The supra-local level of government (of State works and services)>
There are different types of already existing structures operating in a similar way: UN, NATO, WHO, G8, etc …
The preferable model is probably similar to that of the G8, which is precisely an inter-governmental body that operates during periodic summits (it by choice does not have its own governance structure).
A governance by delegation body of a Nation (at the supra-local level) should therefore operate without permanent representatives, but only in the following ways:
– meetings on specific issues (please note that it is not a question of defining a global participation of all local areas, but only those interested in the specific question: communication routes, major works such as state hospitals, etc …).
In the previous points – which concern the basic Government characteristics of Democracy – for a good functioning of a Human community, another condition is necessary:
∙● (3) FREEDOM OF INITIATIVE:
The well-being of the inhabitants of a community depends on their possibility of expressing their attitudes in activities that are, in addition to a benefit for those who act, also a benefit for the community itself.
the proper functioning of a Society depends on the possibility for People to freely develop activities.
Today the State intervenes with prohibitions (increasingly stringent regulations) which are an impediment to the development of this spontaneous activity: and this impoverishes the Society, and makes people increasingly dependent on services by the State (basically it makes people increasingly poor, because they are forced to pay very high taxes).
It should be noted that the traditional social communities have allowed the inhabitants to enjoy a good level of quality of life thanks to the existence of a spontaneous welfare which was based precisely on participation, on the free initiative of voluntary service which is now prevented by the Laws.
See how mutual assistance cooperatives were eliminated – with increasingly limiting regulations – which at the beginning of the 1900s allowed workers to obtain medical assistance for a whole year by paying the equivalent of just one payday.
That repression has led to the current monopoly condition of medical care.
Precisely for the restoration of that condition from the beginning of the 1900s it is necessary to work to recover a functioning welfare state.
The bottom-up path of Democracy reform is the only possible path.
Today it is possible to develop this path with relative ease compared to what it could have been a few decades ago, thanks to the new technologies that allow in the first place
● to improve the current mechanism of expression of the will of citizens, an essential element for the functioning of Democracy.
It is in fact possible to establish a sort of permanent referendum regime (remember that most of the issues to be decided are at the local level): substantially the current online surveys can easily become “certified” referendums.
Since it is also crucial to recover the implementation dimension of local direct Democracy, with the new technologies it is possible to:
● recover the traditional a bottom-up project developed directly by the Citizens (widespread planning): it is the only form of territorial administration that allows to develop optimal solutions, due to the fact that the needs holders are the only ones who can design in effective solutions to satisfy their needs.
It shows up here
an Open Government (OGP) platform
that offers Citizens tools
to be able to organize bottom-up
– independently from current Institutions –
the management of their own Community.
This system consists of a “Social network” platform (completely different from current achievements) which, in addition to the tools mentioned, allows you to organize new types of government practices.
Among other things, in summary, the project offers:
► tools that allow the recovery of Citizens’ power: the deliberative form of Direct Democracy (which is the true form of Democracy), the form of government in which Citizens can actually make decisions related to their social life is recovered. It is a form of government that is no longer considered, which has been successfully applied in some cantons of Switzerland and in many provincial towns in the United States.
► Crowdsourcing Insformation tools. Today it is easy and inexpensive to create alternative platforms to YouTube, Faceboook and Twitter (and complementary alternative platforms to PayPal).
► Schooling tools: one of the main problems that prevent a recovery of a real Democracy is the absence of a culture capable of making people aware of what is really going on; and what a real democracy is. For this reason, a structure is proposed that allows citizens to organize themselves to develop affordable Schooling (with a voluntary component, with school textbooks in PDF, with shared video lessons, etc …), free from the impositions of “Programs of State “, etc …
∙The acquisition of a new “de facto power”
But the OGP Project also offers:
► tools to contrast the political action of the Left – which is transforming Democracy into Socialism: since
Citizens with these “bottom-up politics” tools obtain a “de facto Power” capable of weakening the institutional power of the Left.
That is, Citizens can, by expressing a “certified” opinion (will) (validated by authentication processes) can exert strong pressure on institutions.
Bear in mind that no politician can ignore forms of expression of popular opinion, since it is the will of those who decide their future at the next election (that it is not a question of current polls – devoid of real credibility – but of real referendums, real votes, even if done extremely quickly and economically):
Today it is possible to take full advantage of the opportunities offered by the new technologies in various ways. For example, this is possible:
– exploiting, or expanding, the possibilities of impeachment at every level (including the State, the County), adopting these tools of rapid (but “certified”) expression of the will of the citizens.
– in a similar way – taking advantage of the bottom-up organized planning possibilities – it is possible to repeal or modify existing laws, or propose new ones.
– creating “parliamentary committees” on the model of the current ones, but created and managed directly by the Citizens, who interview the Politicians when they base their declarations on the narrative (see cases such as Schiff, Nadler, Schumer):
to effectively contrast Left policies it is necessary to be able to bring politicians to respond, under oath, to the veracity of their statements.
The essence of the reform process that is proposed here is essentially in two points:
● in the transformation of a government system based on rules that are continually changed by the Left, in
a much more dynamic system, which is able to react in “real time” to the continuous manipulations it is undergoing.
Today, the system of specific rules, in a moment of rapid changes, can be transformed, thanks to new technologies, in new tools. But also in new practices that bring government processes back to a truly democratic dimension.
● and also
in restoring to Citizens
the role of protagonists of the Government
It is not forgotten here that in order for Citizens’ action to be effective, they must recover a “civic awareness” now lost: and it is therefore necessary to intervene to restore, among other things, unmanaged forms of Schooling and information (creating, in fact, new institutions and information channels managed directly by citizens).
As we see in the next chapter, the effectiveness of a Project such as Open Government Platform lies in its ability to operate even if the Conservatives are ousted from institutional political positions (they lose the Elections).
Basically today, to solve problems that undermine the foundations of the system in which you operate, and therefore make it impossible to use the tools designed in the past to correct problems, it is necessary to make a qualitative leap in problem solving: it is necessary operate in Disruptive innovation mode. That is, it is necessary to reason out of the box, in the ways of Lateral thinking. <see my Article “The need to start thinking in a truly innovative, disruptive way”>
<see my Article “Introduction to guidelines to disruptive innovation”>
<see “A new approach for Smart Cities”>
the effectiveness of a government by the People “in parallel”
it is absolutely necessary to start looking at reality, and to prepare for the near future of monopoly government by the Left.
Today the fundamental problem is that even the politicians and authors who claim to want to contrast the subversion of democratic institutions implemented by the Left, end up operating on a level of Culture and tools created by the Left itself.
That is, they operate on a terrain in which not only is it impossible to counter the revolution taking place today, but in which every action of contrast is transformed by the Left into an element in its favor (thanks precisely to an improper use of the institutions, and to a demagogy extremely refined).
The current problem therefore does not present a way out through the use of “institutional tools”
Or through the tools born to be able to guarantee a good functioning of Democracy, which today have been put in a condition of not working anymore.
The fact is that it is necessary to look at reality for what it is: now Democrats have transformed democratic institutions to the point that if even the Conservatives will to win the 2020 elections, the best they can achieve is an absolutely passive survival dimension, without to be able to improve things.
The mistake that the Conservatives made in 2016 was precisely not to buy this state of affairs, and to simply continue to respond to the attacks of the Left.