In reality the numbers (the death rate) tell us that it was a normal influence (this is confirmed by data published later) see Sources
The institutional data available since the beginning of the Society lockdown phase made it possible to understand how these measures were not necessary at all
● already on February 22nd (in Italy the closure of commercial activities begins on March 12th) the Director of the most important Italian Coronavirus Analysis Laboratory declares that based on the data in her possession Coronavirus is “"We swapped an infection just more serious than a flu for a lethal pandemic: it's not like that, look at the numbers" - <read Article>
● On February 25th, the Italian representative to the WHO announces that Coronavirus must be reduced: it is a normal influence «We also reduce this great alarm which is right not to be underestimated, but substantially out of 100 people 80 recover spontaneously, 15 have serious problems but that can be managed in hospital and only for 5% is lethal. Walter Ricciardi, an Italian member of the WHO Executive Committee, named councilor of the Ministry of Health ... recalled it. And it was about people [the dead] with health problems. example of normal flu. But normal flu does not kill directly, but causes decompensation in people who are already sick ".» <read Article>
● On March 17 we know that «The one situation where an entire, closed population was tested was the Diamond Princess cruise ship and its quarantine passengers. The case fatality rate there was 1.0%, but this was a largely elderly population, in which the death rate from Covid-19 is much higher. … Projecting the Diamond Princess mortality rate onto the age structure of the U.S. population, the death rate among people infected with Covid-19 woluld be 0.125%. But since this estimate is based on extremely thin data the real death rate could stretch from five times lower (0.025%) to five times higher (0.625%).» <read Article>
● subsequently, on March 20, on New York times David L. Katz, the founding director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center: «The data from South Korea, where tracking the coronavirus has been by far the best to date, indicate that as much as 99 percent of active cases in the general population are "mild" and do not require specific medical treatment. " - <read Article>
● March 18, it was known that 99% of dead suffered from other diseases - Bloomberg - 99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness (18-03-2020) - <read Article>
The fact is that the numbers of deaths due to normal flu (identical to those of the Coronavirus) are not usually published, and therefore those who see them for the first time are horrified: that is
in previous years no one thought
of bringing the populations into poverty
to avoid the spread of an epidemic of flu.
The problem is twofold:
● previous years, nothing has been done to reduce flu deaths (which could have been done by providing the elderly with equipment such as portable respirators – on Amazon for 500 $ – or devices for telemedicine applications).
● this year measures have been taken that have produced catastrophic consequences for populations: consequences that not only significantly lower the quality of life of people, but which are responsible for many deaths that would not have happened without such measures.
Note that in reality not only the other years the same number of people died from the flu: similar figures are those of annual deaths for many other causes against which the governmental institutions have never tried to remedy (the number more significant is that of hospital deaths due to treatment errors – both in Italy and in the USA).