THE CURRENT CONCEPTION OF INDUSTRY 4.0 DOES NOT REPRESENT A REAL INNOVATION at all. A radically new concept of product is needed, and from this a new concept of Production and Distribution must be born.
The need of a disruptive innovation of method of the Industrial Age
● The misunderstanding on Industry 4.0: towards Manufacturing 4.0 - There is a profound misunderstanding on Trend Industry 4.0. To develop products capable of satisfying the new Demand there is a need for a disruptive innovation of production that goes beyond the industrial phase. We move on to a new era of the new Economy: the Context economy.
● Industry 4.0: the Smart manufacturing (& SmartFAB)° - THE CURRENT CONCEPTION OF INDUSTRY 4.0 DOES NOT REPRESENT A REAL INNOVATION at all. New truly disruptive trend is developing from the point of view of the Product and the Production/Distribution phases: Smart Manufacturing.
● Towards a radically new model of Industry 4.0: introduction to a Smart Fabrication plan - The Fab Labs are part of the Market that is now at sunset (a failed Model). But from some qualities of Fab Labs new Business Models can be born (and new ways of Production/Distribution).
The Market (big Players) is unable to develop real innovation
● The great Firms are not able to develop disruptive innovation within them – Big Players of the Market literally can’t develop the radical innovation required by the new Demand (disruptive innovation ) within them.
Incumbents ARE THE OBJECT OF DISRUPTION, and therefore CAN NOT BE THE SUBJECT.
● The lack of a real Innovation - Today there is no real innovation (actractive and sustanable for Customer), both by the part of the Big Player of the Market and by the part of the Public Administration. It is necessary TO RESET THE INNOVATION.
● The need of an Ecosystem of Innovation – In a period of radical change in every sector of social life (and production activities), innovation needs to be developed in a brand new general Ecosystem.
The change in the Work
There will be a new Culture of Work in which the work will again become subordinate to everyday life. The work return to being creative (artisan): EACH WORKER WILL BE ABLE TO BRING THEIR OWN PERSONAL QUALITIES AS ADDED VALUE TO THE PRODUCT. And it will be developed IN A COLLABORATIVE DIMENSION.
[ INNOVA site ]
● “the new way of working” – There will be a new Culture of Work in which the work will again become subordinate to everyday life. The work return to being creative (artisan): EACH WORKER WILL BE ABLE TO BRING THEIR OWN PERSONAL QUALITIES AS ADDED VALUE TO THE PRODUCT. And it will be developed in A COLLABORATIVE DIMENSION.
[ TrendInsights site ]
● The new dimension of Work – The introduction of new tools (based, on ICT, IoT, …), and the development of new ways of social interaction and new modes of work and consumption, is inducing a virtuous circle of evolution in the Society.
● The need to update the Peters Principle – The Peter principle must be updated as the Market has changed profoundly since the text was written: TODAY COMPETENCE IS ALREADY EXCLUDED IN THE RECRUITMENT PHASE.
In the future there will be a radical transformation of the way of working, primarily in relation to competence. Paradoxically, incompetence is required as a quality at the time of recruitment because the real competence (on the qualities that the product must have to satisfy the needs of the consumer) comes into conflict with the spin-oriented qualities of the big players.