From reading the document “Industry Disruption – Seize the Skills Opportunity” “discuss some of the major themes of disruption happening in the automotive industry”
Most Market problems seem to lie in the fact that
the real meaning of disruption is not understood.
That is disruptive innovation is something “a bit ‘more radical” than it is expected.
Disruptive means, in fact, redefining the system in which we intervene at the roots.
Instead today we talk about “industry disruption is being caused by a shift in this paradigm”, but in reality it is claimed that disruption (a “revolution”!) is about improving the skills of the “sales staff”; or in making “disruptive consumers” “more well-informed about products”.
Disruptive is a real paragidm shift!
We recall that Paradigma means the basic Model on which a System is founded.
Which means that applying disruptive innovation implies rethinking upstream of the automotive industry.
This is the new Revolution of the Market (Disrupitve Age°) that is based on a radical change in the system of products (and production) of the Industrial Era.
This change implies:
● a rethinking of the why of a product
● a rethinking of the ideation/design process
● rethinking of the production / distribution process.
● Connected vehicle, which is based on some misunderstandings:
● The ownership: above all there is a question of redefinition of the method of use of the means of transportation. < see “The real innovation of Urban Mobility“ >
More in general there will be a redefinition of the Automotive < see “Automotive: beyond the automotive” >