we live in a condition in which
people expect the imposition of their behaviors from top,
because our culture does not allow us
to make functional decisions for our lives.
The problem is that today
there is no truly scientific basic culture
that allows us to understand
what the correct information is
(functional to our WELL-BEING AND health)
This means that the institutional information channels (Mainstream media and Institutions) - regardless of their scientific truthfulness - become credible sources for us.
So credible as to make us accept strong impositions.
The seriousness of the problem consists in the fact that a situation has been created which prevents a change in the current cultural (and social condition), since:
● the LACK OF A BASIC SCIENTIFIC CULTURE,
institutional channels are able
to disseminate information without Scientific evidence*s
which justify any measure taken at an institutional level
- as was the case with the Society lockdown adopted for Coronavirus.
● the CREATION OF A QUASI-MONOPOLY of the Mainstream media leads to
an obscuration of alternative information
that can be of great help
for the health and good functioning of the Society.
HOLISTICA has the task of
propose "alternative" information
to the Mainstream media
based on strictly scientific evidence
Culture Issues: Synopsis
The main problem seems to be that the absence of a basic culture does not allow people to try to understand - and solve - many problems whose solution is within their reach. And they rely on "experts" whose skills and good faith they are unable to assess.<go to page>
Culture Issues: 1) the lack of a basic scientific Culture: the inability to discern between true and false
Today we live in a socio/cultural situation in which it is possible to develop a strong manipulation of information which does not allow us to find valid scientific information to understand how things really are. <go to page>
Culture Issues: 2) The need to reporting information to a (really) scientific dimension
It is necessary to bring back to a scientific dimension the arguments that are at the basis of the question of the health of the human organism. Arguments like:
■ what are the foundations of institutional theories (for example of Medicine) and those of “alternative” theories
■ what is Disease *, and the meaning of the concept of care.
the Site is at an early stage,
most of the content has not yet been published
HOLISTICA has the task of keeping the public informed with:
● the diffusion of a Culture about diseases and treatments (today often deformed by the Media)
● an information based on purely scientific (documented) data about
- alternative approaches to treatments (with topics such as the validity of therapies such as those of Homeopathy, the effectiveness of vaccines, any problems of institutional care, …)
- of various factors that influence people's health today, such as the various forms of pollution.