- Disruptive innovation in practice : what are the criteria for evaluating Disruptive Innovation?
- Disruptive Innovation in practice : proof of the validity of the Disruptive innovation – the “resistance” to innovation
- Disruptive innovation in practice : the charade of the Disruptive Innovation
- ˟Why the current concept of Disruptive Innovation is mostly false (the importance of Clayton Christensen’s work)
Companies are prisoners of the same narrative with which they deal with customers.
The fact is that the incumbents have created a cultural dimension of “abstractness” that allows Marketers a “persuasion through fiction” to purchase (which induces the Customer to purchase products that have little or no use for it).
And now the Incumbents themselves live in this “mental bubble” (of abstract ideas), for which they are convinced by the “experts” (Managers, Consultants, Professors, etc.) to follow ways of developing strategies that they are disconnected from actual reality (ie to purchase a “product” lacking in quality for them).
The question is that
in order to develop Disruptive Innovation
it is necessary first of all
to have a disrupted mindset
(or at least an open mind to what is emerging again).
THERE IS NO CLARITY
OF THE NEED TO CHANGE
THE MINDSET AND BUSINESS MODEL ROOT.
For this reason the Companies are not able to understand the difference between a fake advice and an input of actual innovation.
The basic contradiction of the “experts” who spread the culture of pseudo-innovation is that they speak of Disruptive Innovation (which requires to abandon the idea of improving what already exists, to make a radical change, at the root of the Company). But they propose an improvement of the structure and of the Business model.
After all this is what Companies want to be told (that it is not necessary to radically change the Company).
But the situation cannot last long:
IN THE END WHO DOES NOT DEVELOP A REAL INNOVATION FAIL.
Or, in other words
COMPANIES ARE PRISONERS
OF THE SAME NARRATIVE (CHARADE)
WITH WHICH THEY CUSTOMERS TREAT.
For an effective assessment of the quality of a product's innovation, the "TrendInsights's Guidelines to Disruptive Innovation" was developed, which offers:
1) an essential description of the meaning and methods of Disruptive innovation, and
2) a methodology for those who want to start a Disruptive Innovation business.
3) a Table summarizing the quality of the Disruptive Innovation for an assessment of business innovation capacity (usable both for developing a new Business and for analyzing Business already in progress).