- ∙I.c.1 – Towards a Democracy Reboot (synopsis)
- The need to start from a dimension of an effective democratic “power by the people”
- “Extinction of democracy”: the extinction of modern Democracy and the rebirth of real Democracy
- Why is Democracy vanishing?
- How to set up Democracy reboot
- ∙re-thinking – The elections are now irrelevant: it is necessary to act on the foundations of the institutions
- Reform of specific sectors of Democracy
● Change is necessary and urgent: Democracy is moving towards a point of non-return (of real Socialism).
● A cultural misunderstanding prevents – who could do it – from supporting a push for change.
● To restore Democracy, we must first reboot the Democracy to “factory conditions”. This is because Democracy is a delicate system in functioning: if we do not stick to principles, Democracy does not work.
Today the change is:
● NECESSARY: little of Democracy remains, if we don’t use the few levers of democratic power left, we will pass the point of no return to Socialism
● URGENT: times are tigh, with the new Lockdown and Riots strategies in 2020 the Liberals are able to assume almost absolute power (for example in the US General Elections).
Today a cultural misunderstanding prevents – who could do it – a push for change.
This is due to a misunderstanding about one of the essential points of the problem: the difference between the two directions of change:
– Conservative: the aim is to return to the original conditions of Democracy (those, for example, which existed when the United States was founded). A real government “by the Citizen, for the Citizen”.
– Liberal (Socialist): the aim is to recreate Democracy in a completely new, “revolutionized” guise.
Note a decisive aspect of the difference between the two ways:
– it is a “discovery” for Conservatives: they aim to develop an organization of the Society that has been applied, in substance, for millennia (successfully).
– for the Liberals it is a pure invention of the mind: an Idea (ideology) conceived by some intellectuals, which has no comparison with reality (ie it has no rational, scientific basis. <see>
The need for a Reboot of Democracy
What those who could favor an effective recovery of Democracy – such as Authors, Politicians, Journalists, etc … – do not seem to understand, is the essence of Democracy. Or that:
if we do not carry out the reform of Democracy through strictly democratic methods
(GOVERNANCE “BY THE PEOPLE”),
we enter an ideological dimension
(applications of ideas of those who think they know what is right for others)
in which the current Socialist democracy
continues to be kept alive
The basic question is that
Democracy cannot be restored
in a top-down way,
through the current institutions (Politicians, Leaders, Experts, etc …).
The fact is that the functioning mechanism of Democracy is very delicate: if its operating principles are not respected, it ceases to function. <see next article>
it is first necessary
to recover the essential Principles of Democracy,
and to develop reform based on them. Essentially there must be the direct participation of Citizens in the Government:
Citizens must really be the protagonists of change
The fact is that to restore a real Democracy it is necessary in the first place
perform a “factory reset “of Democracy,
conditions in which Citizens return to having the “deliberative power” (today this is much easier to implement than at the time of the foundation of the United States, thanks to current Information and Communications technologies)