In times of rapid change, the needs of consumers are constantly evolving.
That is, the Users, using innovative products (which allow new ways of satisfying their needs), gradually increase their awareness of what new technologies (and the new practices connected to them) can do for them.
So the Business, among other things,
● must have the ability to capture the Evolving needs (and the Hidden needs) of the Customers.
<see The hidden demamd (the virtuous circle of innovation)>
● must integrate the customers in the product design process, who are the only ones who know in real time what are the needs to be met (the principle of the current Marketing, which induces – “push” -top-down people to buy a product, is overturned).
<see Crowd-driven Innovation/Crowdsourcing>
The possibility of developing a continually evolving business is also provided by the new production methods (Smart Manufactoring) <see The misunderstanding on Industry 4.0: towards Manufacturing 4.0 // New Production / Distribution methods: Franchising-Transplant Factories // The need of an Ecosystem of Innovation>
The present market phase is characterized by evolving Knowledge (evolving Awareness), evolving Needs, evolving Values, Evolving products.
For an effective assessment of the quality of a product's innovation, the "TrendInsights's Guidelines to Disruptive Innovation" was developed, which offers:
1) an essential description of the meaning and methods of Disruptive innovation, and
2) a methodology for those who want to start a Disruptive Innovation business.
3) a Table summarizing the quality of the Disruptive Innovation for an assessment of business innovation capacity (usable both for developing a new Business and for analyzing Business already in progress).
<see "TrendInsights's Guidelines to Disruptive Innovation" >