We are at a(disruption point °) of the evolution of the Market (of the Western Society):
change (radical, disruptive)
TODAY IT IS NOT AN OPTION,
BUT ONE NEED
(or change, or you are out of the market).
Change today is not an option, since it was not decided by someone (Public Institution, big companies signs, political movement or ideologies, etc.). But the change taking place is the spontaneous result of the evolution of the Society, due to which new needs of the Customers emerge (as has already happened in other periods of History such as the Industrial Revolution).
The basic question is that change is no longer an option for the Customer (the Demand).
In fact, the Customers, short of money due to the crisis,
1) are forced to fall back on substantially useful Products; and therefore to renounce the majority of the currently most widespread products, which are instead Products whit very-low-real-utility (in the sense that them almost exclusively satisfy ephemeral, emotional needs).
2) begin to develop new expectations, since they see the practices developed bottom-up on the Web.
That is, change is determined by “objective” factors that develop spontaneously, which make it necessary to adapt to them.
Note that these disruption factors are paradoxically the result of some decades of market policies that have ignored (and continue to ignore) the real needs of people (in this period the Marketing wanted to ignore the fundamental Law of Supply and Demand) <see Business problems: the difference between original and current marketing >
the same Incumbents
have generated the demand condition
that today puts them in crisis.
Basically the new conditions of the Disruption Market are:
1) there is a demand for new products that satisfy the real needs of people (and no longer “needs” induced at an emotional level).
2) due to the “wall” erected by the Incumbents (big players of the Market and Government Institutions) for the defense of the status quo, the disrutptive innovation develops in the Society at the “bottom” level, of the Crowd (in the people as Consumer and Citizen).
The current problem of the market is that
continuing to develop strategies in a non-disruptive way
MEANS CONTINUING TO WORK
WITH THE MINDSET,THE TOOLS
THAT HAVE CREATED THE PROBLEM
THAT WE WANT TO SOLVE
For an effective assessment of the quality of a product's innovation, the "TrendInsights's Guidelines to Disruptive Innovation" was developed, which offers:
1) an essential description of the meaning and methods of Disruptive innovation, and
2) a methodology for those who want to start a Disruptive Innovation business.
3) a Table summarizing the quality of the Disruptive Innovation for an assessment of business innovation capacity (usable both for developing a new Business and for analyzing Business already in progress).