- The Entrepreneur’s DNA
- There is no “Culture of Disruptive innovation”, but an Aptitude for innovation
- Disruptive Innovation is a leap that eliminates the current Market sectors
- The basics of the Disruptive innovation process: the Lateral thinking
- The new approach to Disrutpive Innovation Business: driven by examples
As written on a text such as “The Innovator’s DNA: Mastering the Five Skills of Disruptive Innovators” (by Jeff Dyer, Hal Gregersen) is a fundamental guide for the entrepreneur.
It is necessary, however, not to be confused: the indications in the book are useful for the Entrepreneurs, and not for the current Big companies that lack an entrepreneurial level (replaced by the Managers).
The DNA of entrepreneurs
What are the qualities of new entrepreneurs? None.
The crisis is simply due to the fact that in the last few decades entrepreneurs have disappeared from the Market, since the financial business has replaced Entrepreneurs with Managers.
But in recent years conditions have also been created that hinder the birth of new companies (of real innovation):
– the Incumbents have operated in “synergies” with the Institutions governmental organizations to make life difficult for those who want to run a business as an entrepreneur (or to protect their business)
– the entrepreneurial culture has been lost, due to an ideological, abstract education of young people.
In other words,
the Market has lost the basic quality of the Business
(of the Entrepreneur),
WHICH IS THE ABILITY
TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE A PROBLEM
(A NEED OF PEOPLE)
TO CREATE SOLUTIONS THAT THE CUSTOMERS REALLY NEED.
Unfortunately at this point it is not possible to innovate companies that have taken on a total “Managerial dimension” (having completely lost the entrepreneurial dimension: the two dimensions are incompatible).
The problem of the incompatibility between the two dimensions is represented by the case of Benetton, who had to recover the company (in serious crisis) that he had left to the Managers, when some of incompetent employees to operate. (the incompetents can not work together with competent people). <see The need to update the Peters Principle >