This Post is a summary of “Introduction to the Innova Approach: The Problems of the Society and the Market” published by the Author on the INNOVA website. < see >
The main problem is currently that
the Market does not have a culture
suitable for understanding
the real meaning of current strategic trends.
In this way the great Players have lost their focus on the real needs of people (on real Demand), and have entered into crisis.
The “experts” talk a lot about fundamental trends, but none of them tries to understand their real meaning; and then how these trends should be applied to their strategies (for example, the “Crowdsourcing” trend is applied in top-bottom mode, when it is basically bottom-up).
The fundamental fact is that today the “core” of the Market disappeared, which allowed the Market to develop: the figure of the entrepreneur, which was replaced by that of the Manager
the Manager is lacking
the fundamental quality of the Entrepreneur:
the intuition that allows it
to grasp the needs of the public.
Towards a solution
It is necessary to take a step back before developing new strategies.
It is not only a matter of radically changing one’s strategies,
but also of
ADOPT A NEW VISION.
It is therefore necessary
● first of all to bring the Business back to its original operating conditions (a few decades ago): to bring it back to the “substantial” dimension, ie to bring the business back to being a system for satisfying people’s real needs.
● then develop new strategies based on the trends that have developed spontaneously in recent decades (but being able to interpret them according to their real meaning, and not in an equivocal way as it happens today).
“Technically” it is necessary to recover “the Principle of Demand and Offer.
Obviously, in an era of disruption, it is a matter of going beyond the traditional business model: today thanks to the potentialities offered by Information Technologies – and to the development of new pratices induced by them, it is possible to substantially change the role of Consumer (the Crowd) in his ability to lead the Offer. It is therefore possible
to induce a Crowd empowerment
so that it can play
AN EFFECTIVELY CREATIVE AND “DECISIONAL” ROLE
in the processes of creation and distribution of the product.
That is to develop successful strategies
it is no longer a question of interpreting the question,
BUT TO PUT CONSUMERS
ABLE TO CO-GENERATE THE OFFER.
My articles on new Bottom-up Marketing (Crowd-driven market)
In a market characterized by a new Demand is no longer possible to understand with traditional marketing tools, IT IS NECESSARY TO RADICALLY INNOVATE THE MARKETING ITSELF.
. We witness a Crowd-ization of the Market: Customers must be integrated into Design (taylor-made products) and into Production processes.
● Toward a New Marketing (1): beyond the Analytic Marketing, toward a pro-sumer Market - THE CURRENT CONCEPT OF MARKET ANALYSIS (as observation / or Listening to Customers) IS OBSOLETE, Big Data strategies must be replaced by Marketing of Pro-sumers.
● New modality of Consumerism (Key of Changes #2) - To understand the new Demand it is first of all necessary to understand which are the main trends that affect the market in the near future: ● a radical change in the forms of consumption (customer needs and expectations). ● a “revolution” of the product development (and production / distribution) methods.
● The wrong interpretation of the Customer Experience - With Customer Experience today we use obsolete principles. It is necessary to change the paradigm of Marketing, which from a "subtle" persuasion system to the purchase of a product, MUST GO BACK TO BEING A PROCESS THAT STARTS FROM THE ANALYSIS OF THE REAL NEEDS OF PEOPLE.
● New mode of Innovation (Key of Changes #3) - In an era of profound changes, the concept of innovation itself must change. Today a substantial innovation is needed, which is able to develop a really-useful value for the Customer.
● Towards a new (real) sustainability: the mistake of focusing on the low price - The inability to understand the essence of change leads us to think that the response to the reduced spending of the Customers must be a reduced price of the product. But the plus point of the product is not the low-price (which is also necessary), but in its sustainability.
● The problems of the current Market strategies: toward a crowd participated Marketing - CURRENT MARKETING IS NOT ABLE TO INTERPRET THE NEW NEEDS OF CUSTOMERS. Thanks to Information Technologies today it is possible to change the role of Consumer by inserting them in the product development process.