- Disruptive innovation is not based on technologies
- The role of technologies in innovation (the key is not technology)
- Why Hi-Tech and disruptive innovation are incompatible (the “Human factor”)
- Not disruptive technologies, but disruptive concept (enabling technologies)
Today the market is in crisis due to a wrong interpretation of the change taking place.
This happens because the New is interpreted with an old Culture.
One of the most important problems
of the market is currently the
THE ROLE OF TECHNOLOGY
IN CHANGE IN ACT
(ie “how much is it necessary to bring the fucus on the technology in creating new attractive products for the New Demand?”).
contrary to what most Market Players think,
WHO CONCEIVES WINNING PRODUCTS TODAY
DOES NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF TECHNOLOGICAL ASPECTS.
But it deals precisely with
abandoning the “technological aspect” of the product,
to move on
to developing the “Human factor” of the product.
It is not that the new products are not based on sophisticated technologies: the fact is that today to develop winning products there are enough “customer technologies” (those used, for example, in SmartPhone medium-low range). Which in the design phase do not need technical skills (they are basically plug-ins).
the focus on technologies and
the focus on Human Factor
(satisfaction of real people’s needs)
The need to use Sustainable technologies (truly disruptive innovation technologies)
CANNOT BE ENABLING TECHNOLOGIES
for the new disruptive phase of the Market
This is because disruptive products must have some specific characteristics to be winners:
● cost: they must be available at a low price.
● timing; they must already be available in a mature (widely tested) version, in order to avoid the difficulties of Design and Production (and other costs) of the “pioneering” phases. In other words they must be:
– easy to be treated by “olisitic” designers (of “humanistic” training and nature) who must be able to commit themselves in conceiving new ways of satisfying the needs of the Customers without worrying about the technological aspects of the project.
– easy to insert in new forms of low-cost production, also developed by small workshops spread throughout the territory typical of the new Disruptive Innovation course <see Industry 4.0: the Smart manufacturing (& SmartFAB) >
It must therefore be understood that disruption in the market occurs not with a leap towards products with new “technical” features. But on the contrary, it happens with a quantum leap towards better forms of satisfaction of Customer needs which are no longer definable as technical performances, but reside on a more subtle level of satisfaction [vedi in particolare il concetto di Job-to-be-done di Clayton Christensen in “Competing Against Luck”].
From the point of view of the New Market – of the New Demand – therefore the developing technolgies are not disabltive innovation Enablerss.
At least until they are mature technologies.
the definition of “disruptive technologies”
in this phase of the market
IS A CONTRADICTION.
But disruptive innovation, due to its intrinsic characteristics, can only be achieved by sustainable technolgies <see Disruptive and sustainable: the same thing>
Misunderstandings about specific technologies
Today it is therefore necessary to begin to mark the difference between sustainable technologies and hi- tech (advanced technologies).
In summary, the sustainable technologies are, for example, those inserted today a smartphone (also medium-low range), such as displays, sensors of various types (brightness, rotation, proximity, etc …), GPS, wi-fi connections, blue-tooth, etc.
The technologies used in the FabLabs, which can already be used for production in SmartFabrication mode (siffusa factory, <see Transplant factories, in “Manufactory 4.0 e Franchising-Transplant Factories” in “Manifesto of Innovation (2): Innovation in the new post-industrial Market”>
Probably today, some aspects of Artificial Intelligence, or rather the derivative of it, already meet the requirements of the technologies enablers for the new qualities required by the new disruptive Demand as Machine learning (in its basic functions).
Due to their intrinsic characteristics, cannot be instead enablers of disruptive innovation technologies as:
● Robotics (è the great misunderstanding due to which we insist on an Industry 4.0 that is not at all disruptive). <see Towards a radically new model of Industry 4.0: introduction to a Smart Fabrication plan>
● Artificial Intelligence <see The misunderstanding on Artificial Intelligence: why AI cannot be the future of innovation >
Manual Related Posts
- ● What IS and what IS NOT disrutpive innovation ● Why developing technologies are incompatible with disrutpive innovation ● What to do?
- Today, sustainable innovation is wrongly understood from the point of view of correctess (an ideological level in which the focus is placed on issues apparently of Social Impact, which in fact do not bring real benefits to consumers). A real sustainable innovation is an innovation with the following characteristics: ●…
- Most of the considerations on the near future of Business are wrong because they are based on a "linear" conception of the evolution of the Market that is not able to perceive what the real changes are taking place. Radical changes are not an option: those who do not adapt…
- Today, the many failures derive precisely from the lack of understanding of the essence of Disruptive innovation: The purpose of the Guidelines is to CLARIFY WHAT THE DISRUTPIVE INNOVATION REALLY IS. You can easily evaluate THE RESPONSE OF A BUSINESS TO THE RULES OF THE DISRUTPIVE INNOVATION
- The situation today is paradoxical: things go wrong but AS FAR AS THE BIG PLAYER DOES SOMETHING TO IMPROVE THE SITUATION THINGS DO NOT IMPROVE (if them do not go worse) Why does no one seem to be able to solve the problem? It is necessary to clarify the current…