Today, sustainable innovation is wrongly understood from the point of view of correctess (an ideological level in which the focus is placed on issues apparently of Social Impact, which in fact do not bring real benefits to consumers).
A real sustainable innovation is an innovation with the following characteristics:
● The aim of innovation is Man – Innovation is a way of using technologies to improve people’s quality of life. In other words, the aim of innovation is not the development of technologies (more sophisticated, more “powerful”), because today consumer technologies (low-tech) are more than enough to greatly improve people’s lives (paradoxically they are more effective than Hi-tech). tech). <see “The role of technologies in innovation“ >
● Sustainability means positive qualities for the consumer (and for the environment). That is, innovation is sustainable when it leads to the creation of products that are:
– AFFORDABLE – the consumer is able to buy and maintain (!) the product (without making sacrifices) – this is the point that is not considered today. Among other things, a sustainable innovation must be based on a Paradigm shift of the Production and Distribution system, which allows to reduce purchase costs <see “Smart Manufacturing, the misunderstanding on the term Industry 4.0” > and maintenance costs, for example with an easy repairability of the product <see “New modalities of production of services and material products” in “Manifesto of Innovation (2): Innovation in the new post-industrial Market” >
– BEARABLE: do not create damage to people and the environment .
Manual Related Posts
- ● What IS and what IS NOT disrutpive innovation ● Why developing technologies are incompatible with disrutpive innovation ● What to do?
- Today the market is in crisis due to a wrong interpretation of the change taking place. This happens because the New is interpreted with an old Culture. . One of the most important problemsof the market is currently theINTERPRETATION OFTHE ROLE OF TECHNOLOGYIN CHANGE IN ACT (ie "how much is…
- Today there is no critical reflection on the failures of the Market, and therefore it continues unabated to proceed WITH THE SAME MINDSET (PARADIGM) WHICH HAS PRODUCED THE PROBLEMS THAT WE WANT TO SOLVE. A reflection on the basic principles of sustainable innovation.
- Today, the many failures derive precisely from the lack of understanding of the essence of Disruptive innovation: The purpose of the Guidelines is to CLARIFY WHAT THE DISRUTPIVE INNOVATION REALLY IS. You can easily evaluate THE RESPONSE OF A BUSINESS TO THE RULES OF THE DISRUTPIVE INNOVATION
- The situation today is paradoxical: things go wrong but AS FAR AS THE BIG PLAYER DOES SOMETHING TO IMPROVE THE SITUATION THINGS DO NOT IMPROVE (if them do not go worse) Why does no one seem to be able to solve the problem? It is necessary to clarify the current…