Most of the considerations on the near future of Business are wrong because they are based on a “linear” conception of the evolution of the Market that is not able to perceive what the real changes are taking place.
Radical changes are not an option: those who do not adapt to the are out of the Market.
There are a lot of misandestundings about .
In times of radical change () like the current one, to develop an effective Innovation – changes in strategies – it is necessary to follow the principles of Disruptive Innovation, or changes are produced that do not bring anything positive to the Value of the product (to the results of sales).
That is, when you are in a phase of non-linear evolution () it is necessary to make a radical change° of mindset and structures (a true change of the Business Paradigm).
The Disruptive Innovation
In the eras of disruption it is necessary to develop new skills of interpreting the (a Trends Forecasting more suited to the new ). Trends Forecasting for the Disruption Age
Today it is necessary to develop a that overturns its paradigm, the Marketing of pro-sumers (the Participated Marketing).Toward to New Marketing (1): Beyond the tools of the current market
To understand the New Demand, it is necessary to understand that either we adapt to trends
with a correct interpretation or sooner or later we are thrown out of the market (or politics). Trends Forecasting for the Disruption Age
Today we are experiencing the beginning of a new era of innovation, and it is necessary to frame the characteristics of the innovation that characterizes it:
● this drive for innovation is first and foremost provided by necessity: in times of radical change (disruption) the situation changes radically the Demand; that is, if a type of product is not innovated radically (disruptive innovation), it cannot be sold.
● in such disruption times there are still no clearly defined models, but above all intuition counts.
Basically there is no “culture of innovation”, but only a culture of non-innovation: that is, the drive for innovation is an innate quality in man, but modern education, which aims to create adults integrated into the “mass”, inhibits this quality.
What can be done is to develop a “Culture of entrepreneurship”, which helps people to put their ideas into practice (the instinct to innovate innate in man must be adapted to the mechanisms of the Market).
● the innovation of big companies is bound to fail, due to problems inherent in their structure.
My Articles on Misunderstandings about innovation
Today there seems to be a lot of confusion about the trends that are developing on the Market: for each Trend, there are interpretations of a completely opposite sign.
At the basis of everything there is – as often happens in modern culture – a semantic question, of meanings of terms.
It happens that over time some terms that describe social aspects of human life take on a different meaning from the original one.
● The difficulty of understanding (to explain) the concept of radical change (disruptive innovation) - There is a lack of of the meaning of the terms referred to innovation like "radical", "different" ("disruptive"). This does not allow the majority of the Market Player to develop a truly salable value. These terms indicate a substantial difference, or something absolutely new which is found on a plan completely different from the previous one. but today efforts are being made to develop "different" strategies which, however, remain on the same level, on the same qualitative level as the previous strategies.
● The basic misunderstanding on real (disruptive) innovation - Disruptive innovation is a “revolution” of the context in which it operates: this means “radical change” (from the roots) of culture, of the mindset used up to that point (change of operating principles, of conception of values, of a design approach, of types of communication, etc.).
● The lack of a real Innovation - Today there is no real innovation (attractive and sustainable for Customer), both by the part of the Big Player of the Market and by the part of the Public Administration.
● Disruptive innovation: religion, scam or necessity for those who want to stay in the market? – Today the market continues to apply a non-disruptive mindset even when the data indicate this modality inexorably fails.
To innovate means to change. When there are major changes in the Society, it is necessary to adapt. There is no choice.
Are we sure that we understand what radical (disruptive) innovation is?
● The misunderstanding on Innovation by Manager, Consultants and Pundits - Today Managers and Consultants & the “intellectuals” are focused on the past: it is not bad faith, but it is a lack of ability to recognize the new.
● The misunderstanding on Industry 4.0: towards Manufacturing 4.0 - The “revolution” (dirsruption) that is transforming the world of production is a phenomenon radically different from the one today defined as Industry 4.0.
The change concerns not only the product, but everything connected to it. Today it is necessary: a rethinking - the why of a product - the ideation/design process - the production/distribution process. We move on to a new era of the new Economy: the Context economy.
● Does it really exist to the possibility of having an Artificial Intelligence? (the unsustainability of the AI)  - Can a “machine” actually make correct decisions? Science, with foundamentals principles (many Nobels) says No.
● The great Firms are not able to develop disruptive innovation within them - the consolidated companies of the market literally can’t develop disruptive innovation within them. they are the object of disruption, and therefore can not be the subject. the problem: ● lack of “intuition” ● lack of culture of (real) innovation. a real (disruptive) innovation can only come with a fresh start, from new comers.<