We live in a historical moment like those that preceded the phases of radical change as it was, for example, for the French Revolution: people live a situation that has become intolerable, and therefore are driven by a strong need to change (to an improvement in the quality of their life).
To understand how and why it is necessary to follow the trend of the so-called Disruptive innovation, it is important to understand that
WHAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE
LEAP OF DISRUPTION OF THE HISTORY
(like the one in progress)
IT’S NOT TECHNOLOGY,
but it is an irrepressible push for change
that comes bottom-up, from people
Or in the moments that precede the phases of radical change as it was, for example, for the French Revolution, people live a situation that has become intolerable, and therefore are driven by a strong need to change (to an improvement in the quality of their life).
In Market terms these needs of the population are the New Demand (disruptive Demand).
Today, in fact, customers live:
● intolerance with the model of life imposed on them by the Market;
● new expectations of improving their quality of life due to the fact that they see how the “crowd” is directly developing new Practices thanks to the new ICT and IoT.
To understand the inevitability of developing a Disrtuptive Innovation it is necessary, upstream of everything, to understand the essence of the question:
● DISRUPTION IS THE PHENOMENON OF RADICAL CHANGE THAT TODAY AFFECTS WESTERN CIVILIZATION, which is an irrepressible phenomenon, since this change is not decided by anyone. But it derives from transformations taking place in almost all the sectors that nobody can control. <see Why disruptive innovation is not an option>
In order to act effectively in solving the current problems, that is, in order to develop truly disruptive innovation, it is important to note that the current crisis is created by the Market itself, which in recent decades has adopted policies that have ignored (and continue to to ignore) the real needs of people (in this period the Marketing wanted to ignore the fundamental Law of Supply and Demand, and induced an “impulse to purchase” products with almost exclusively emotional qualities).
This prolonged lack of satisfaction of real needs has created, precisely, the current uncontrollable push for change by the Crowd.
It should also be noted that the crisis is aggravated by the fact that the Incumbentes (big players of the Market and Government) have erected a “wall” in defense of the status quo, placing in this case barriers to innovation (since in this way, protecting products of the previous generation – with forms of protectionism, subsidies, etc. – the development of a truly disruptive innovation is inhibited)
● disruptive innovation is the path that Business must follow to meet the Demand again.
Or the disruption in place forces the Market into a radical change,
a shift paradigm in which
WE MUST ABANDON
ALL THOSE FEATURES OF THE BUSINESS
OF THE LAST DECADES
Features that have led to the current crisis condition.
In this change it is obviously necessary not only to adapt the quality of the products to the new reality, but also to rethink Methods, Structures and Mindset.
For an effective assessment of the quality of a product's innovation, the "TrendInsights's Guidelines to Disruptive Innovation" was developed, which offers:
1) an essential description of the meaning and methods of Disruptive innovation, and
2) a methodology for those who want to start a Disruptive Innovation business.
3) a Table summarizing the quality of the Disruptive Innovation for an assessment of business innovation capacity (usable both for developing a new Business and for analyzing Business already in progress).