- Why today it is necessary to develop disruptive innovation
- Why disruptive innovation is not an option
- Introduction to the Disruptive Innovation: the concept of Innovation 
Obviously, it is not necessary to develop Disrutpive Innovation strategies: it is possible to successfully develop “traditional” strategies, of Sustaining Innovation.
But we must consider that:
1) the scenario is changing radically (and very quickly).
2) the nascent Market is characterized by a demand that inevitably requires the qualities today labeled as disruptive innovation.
the success of “traditional” strategies (Sustaining)
cannot last long
The problems encountered by those who want to develop Disruptive Innovation are
● to develop Disruptive innovation strategies it is necessary
1. to have a clear awareness of what it is
2. to be able to carry out a fresh start free from mindset and “traditional” structures (a big company must create a spin-off)
● there is a conflict between the key points of the two forms of innovation (Sustaining and Disruptive) whereby inserting a Disruptive Innovation strategy some Sustaining elements create the conditions for the failure of the strategy.
For an effective assessment of the quality of a product's innovation, the "TrendInsights's Guidelines to Disruptive Innovation" was developed, which offers:
1) an essential description of the meaning and methods of Disruptive innovation, and
2) a methodology for those who want to start a Disruptive Innovation business.
3) a Table summarizing the quality of the Disruptive Innovation for an assessment of business innovation capacity (usable both for developing a new Business and for analyzing Business already in progress).