In the current disruption market phase, in which the Society is going through a period of radical change in every sector of social life (and of production activities)
Innovation needs to be developed
in a brand new general Ecosystem.
In other words, any innovation of products and practices, so that it can produce truly useful results for the Customer (and the Society) must be inserted in a new ecosystem that allows the product (good or service) in the first place,
● not be penalized by conflicts with other elements of the context in which it is inserted. And it also offers the product
● the possibility of developing further value deriving from interaction with other elements of the context.
the advantages of integration
More specifically, the advantages of Integral innovation are:
– the integrability of the new product (good or service) with the other elements of the context in which it is inserted allows it to gain an additional value.
– the integrability also allows to avoid the current problems of conflict incompatibility with other products, and with pratices of the previous system.
To promote disruptive innovation (an innovation that is actually useful in times of change such as the current ones) there must be, on two levels:
● INTEGRATION WITH THE “MATERIAL” PREEXISTING: in this case it is about making the new product compatible with the environment in which it is inserted.
An example: in order to develop effective solutions for urban mobility, it is necessary first of all to develop a new ecosystem that allows the circulation of new, truly sustainable vehicles; which – together with bicycle traffic – are inherently vulnerable (the most innovative vehicles are the new bicycle-car hybrid such as ELF, or the micro-vehicles of the LiteMotive Project).
INNOVA’s LiteMotive Project < see > develops a form of “compatibilization” of traditional cars so that they can live with the new modes of green mobility (with micro-vehicles, pedestrians, etc.).
● INTEGRATION BETWEEN THE INNOVATIVE ELEMENTS PRODUCED “SINCE NOW“:
The integration with other elements of the context allows to increase the value of the product itself.
For this reason,
in order to be able to develop a real innovation
it is necessary first of all to
DEFINE A NEW INNOVATION ECOSYSTEM.
We do not mean here an Innovation System as it is intended today, that is a system that upstream of the product favors the development of innovation, but of an Ecosystem in which innovative products are inserted.
This obviously also applies to the Production / Distribution phase: facilitating the transition from Value chains to Values Web. And to Smart Manufacturing distributed throughout the territory.
This means defining a System in which innovative products (goods and services) can interact with each other, providing the possibility of not conflicting with the context in which they are inserted (see the cases of Uber, drones, etc.). .). But above all that ● they can generate an additional share of value thanks to this interaction < see “The need to have an Ecosystem of Innovation“ >.
Another element that must be taken into account in defining the integration of the elements of innovation is the Crowd in its new dimension of pro-active consumer. It is necessary to take into account the new Trend of Crowd-driven Innovation, in which the Users must be enabled to participate with a bottom-up contribution to innovation.